• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete your request because the file was not found.

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open a PSD and get this message in Photoshop:

Could not complete your request because the file was not found.

The person who is sending it to me is using mac and latest version of PS, same as me.
He have sent it to others and it works.

Any idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Hi Kruben,

Are you opening these PSDs file directly in Photoshop? If yes, then you may try and reset the Photoshop preferences back t default and check if that helps.

Photoshop Preferences reset: Preferences in Photoshop 

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kruben,

Are you opening these PSDs file directly in Photoshop? If yes, then you may try and reset the Photoshop preferences back t default and check if that helps.

Photoshop Preferences reset: Preferences in Photoshop 

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you. Didn't think of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I am glad it's fixed.

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to Drag and Drop a JPG into my project and it not letting me no more? I tried to reset my preferences and it didn't work but it didn't even seem like it rest anything. I'm on mac btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ffc_gregv,

Please let us know the error message you are getting while dragging the images in Photoshop.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, the same message "Could not open your file because the file was not found" when I drag or try to open a jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mind not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't worked for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop General Discussion

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker is getting the error message "Could not complete your request because the file was not found." using photoshop 2015.5

iMac. She double clicks on an image or uses the "Open" command form the drop down menu. She drags the image over the PS icon and still gets the message. We reset the preferences manually (going to the library folder under her user folder) and also using the keyboard "option+command+shift" and she opens any type of image and gets the same error message.  We would like help, as it is affecting business productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem and can't get Photoshop Jpegs open that I am desperately needing to work on for a customer. This happened when I updated Photoshop through creative cloud yesterday and it's driving me NUTS! I've reset the defaults. I've renamed files. HOW TO FIX ??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Only after the last Update I started to have this issue.

I tried all tricks I could find. Reseting the preferences, Reinstalling and even installing CC 2014. Not Even the older version is working any more.

Need immediate help. Can work like this! It is a shame that a simple file can´t open in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here after the update. 
I reset preferences and nothing happens. Just baffled why the older photoshop versions i have now cannot open any .jpg file. Could you help out besides resetting preferences? 

Thanks 1000!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with Jpgs and Dngs after update in Pshop 2014 and 2017....am able to open Tiffs and Psds, tho.  I tried resetting Prefs, didn't work.  any solutions??  HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that problem 'Could not complete your request because the file was not found' while trying to open a jpeg in PS. It won't open a single jpeg. And resetting the preferences hasn't worked. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the Operating System on my Mac and my problem went away......was Yosemite now High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, but didn't work! Help please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and tried the Preferences reset, etc. which did not work. However, I was just able to fix the issue. I noticed that Camera Raw had an updated (v. 13.0.1) so I ran the update and restarted Photoshop and can now open JPG files once again. I hope this is the fix for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, updating Camera Raw restored my Photoshop 2020's ability to open files without a "file not found" error. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole preferences thing is a crap thing which the adobe guys keep telling... just open the program in administrator mode and it will open. Same thing with LIGHTROOM CC CLASSIC, PHOTOSHOP CC .... worked in my OS Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately mind is not still working. it's not opening the app at all. "could not complete your request because thé file could not be found"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines