• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not place “file_example.mp4” because no parser or file format can open the file.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just drag and droped a .mp4 and .mov file in photoshop and it gave me this error:

Could not place “file_example.mp4” because no parser or file format can open the file.

I reinstall the photoshop and still the same issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Hi @joelv7609618 

I solved the issue by reverting to the previous version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An MP4 is a video files. You place in image files. You open video files as video layers or add the video file in a video time line.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag the video to timeline it goes back to it's folder , timeline is not accepting it.

I have frined that have photoshop i do the exact thing he is doing , it shows the video fine in his photoshop with the timeline but for me it gives the error "could not open files with this type". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer have 22.3 installed. I can drag and drop a MP4 onto a video Time line in PS 22.3.1  on my  windows 10 PC.  If it is a long MP4 it takes Photoshop a long time to add the video to the time line and render it so it is playable in the time line.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually talking about the MacOs Big Sur and Apple M1 chip. Maybe photoshop have a problem with M1 chip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a year and still no fixes from adobe... do something please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually talking about the MacOs Big Sur and Apple M1 chip. Maybe photoshop have a problem with M1 chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any solutions to this? Still doesn't work with m1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @joelv7609618 

I solved the issue by reverting to the previous version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @MaryamRika what version did you go to that resolved this? I see the same issue on 22.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a fix for any M1 Mac users, open up Creative Cloud, navigate to your apps, on the Photoshop tab select "Open (Intel)." File seemed to open just fine without having to revert to old version.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx you this was really helpfull. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac M1, macOs Montery v12.0.1
Photoshop v23.0.2

Had the same issue.
A video layer with no matching video parser to be found (something along those lines).
Going to Photoshop within the Creative Cloud app and selecting "Open Intel" did the job just as you described.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you also,,, good thing I fell on your post, seeing as my iMac intel could do it,, and couldn't do the same thing on M1 Macbook air,,, I might have given up forever if I hadn't just happen to see your post by google search.. Next question,,, what are the drawbacks of reverting to Intel based? Slower? Do you think we will ever be able to use or get the M1 benefits on Photoshop,, and is it now using Rosetta?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping me out on this one! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @@west Anderson 

I tried to open my file through my adobe account as you've suggested but it's still given me the same error. I'm currently running macOS Monterey version 12.3 on my laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was so helpful - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for late reply. You probably found the right version by now 🙂

I downgraded to 22.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines