Could not save as photo "... " because of a program ever.

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening before the update.  I wiped my laptop and reinstalled and upated and its still not saving.  Im not sure what to do, Ive lost several images now after working on them.  I tried exporting the image, and also closing in hopes it saved automatically and it didnt.  Please help,

Janda

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Could not save as photo "... " because of a program ever.

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening before the update.  I wiped my laptop and reinstalled and upated and its still not saving.  Im not sure what to do, Ive lost several images now after working on them.  I tried exporting the image, and also closing in hopes it saved automatically and it didnt.  Please help,

Janda

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem repeatedly.  Usually, if I turn off all the layers except the background I can then save the file.  But this morning that didn't work.  I also tried disabling the Discover panel, which didn't help (link below about that). 

I also tried going back to the previous 2021 version, which may have stopped that problem, but sometimes hangs with no error message when I try to save a file. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 0