• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not save as "yourfilename.psd" because of a program error, suddenly starts today

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been working and suddenly te Cloud not save your file start to appear when I save the file while working and a temporary file with a numeral name appears in the same folder of the original file, I have to save the original where I'm working with other name and there's not problem, only when I save the origina file,  this morning it was not happend, I'm saving my wor to a NAS WD device, Same has an idea about what can be happen?, I follow all the intructions in the trouble shooter of adobe and nothing =(, please if some one has an idea of hat can can be please let me know.

Thanks in adavance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the program error while trying to save files. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers macOS version? Do you also get the error while trying to save the files to your computers local storage instead of the WD network drive? Did you Photoshop or your computers macOS go through any updates since Photoshop last worked correctly?

You can try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please try rolling back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ludovix wrote:

I'm saving my wor to a NAS WD device, Same has an idea about what can be happen?, I follow all the intructions in the trouble shooter of adobe and nothing

Hi @Ludovix 

Adobe does not support saving directly to a network drive. The recommended workflow from Adobe is here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

"Technical Support strongly recommends working in Photoshop directly on the local hard disk. To prevent data loss, save files to your hard disk first. Then transfer them to the network or removable drive in the Finder or in Windows Explorer. To retrieve files, copy them in the Finder or in Windows Explorer from the network or removable drive to your hard disk. You can then open the files in Photoshop. This workflow avoids problems that occur when network system setups or removable media device drivers are incompatible with the operating system or Photoshop."

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines