Could not save because of program error

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated PS I keep getting the error 'Could not save [filename] becuase of a program error'. I am running Mac OS Catalina. There are no new updates available, I have tried closing the program and restarting several times. It seems to work for the first few times, then stops again. Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Could not save because of program error

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated PS I keep getting the error 'Could not save [filename] becuase of a program error'. I am running Mac OS Catalina. There are no new updates available, I have tried closing the program and restarting several times. It seems to work for the first few times, then stops again. Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[content removed by moderator due to abuse]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I was angry, so I used some inappropriet words. I'm posting it again without these:

Same here. The only solution is to save as new filename. Everytime I want to save file (and I do it often for I don't want to lose my work with this unstable Photoshop) I need to create new standalone huge file. This error pops up only when trying to overwrite existing file. As I went through web, I see that this problem was here since 2012 from time to time, but none of former solutions works. Adobe is proudly making it's (formerly great) product still more and more unstable and complicates designer's daily work. And I am not mentioning the persistent unability to save JPG or PNG over existing file without creating filename_copy. Maybe it is mutual core bug. It's a shame.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, very disappointed and to think a feature as a simple save is an issue for CC. I have done all the suggestions found online in regards to the generator setting and locked folder in preferences window. Quickly looking at adobe alternatives, don't understand why I'm paying monthly fees for issues like this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2020 0