could not save because write access was not granted (Mac OS)

I keep getting the above error when working off of my xserve in photoshop. It is new in CS5 which we have recently upgraded to. Several people at my office are getting it. Sometimes it displays a random name with afp in front of it (I assume it is the temp name when photoshop is swapping out the new file for the old file.) It only seems to happen with psd and psb files. I have write access to the volume in question and it doesn't matter if I am the only one accessing the folder or not. I can save as and it seems to work; but it does delete the file.

Very frustrating. Anybody have any ideas? My IT guys are struggling with it, and one of them used to work on the Flash team as well as at Apple.

Hi everyone,

The recent Mac OS X 10.8.4 released yesterday has specifically named the following fix:

• Resolves an issue saving files to an Xsan volume from certain applications

referenced from this Apple KB article. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5730

If you are still experiencing this issue, please update to 10.8.4 and then re-test in your environment. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

The KB article also mentions this fix:

• A fix for an issue that may prevent changes to files made over NFS from displaying
  • A fix for an issue that may prevent documents from being saved to a server using SMB

In general this OS update has a number of network save fixes in it that we recommend users try out.

Thanks,

Jeff

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: could not save because write access was not granted (Mac OS)

I see this thread was started in 2010. Its now 2019 and we are still getting this issue at work. So if I'm reading this correctly, the issue is not with photoshop but with the server plaform the file saving is happening on? Our IT crew hasnt fixed this yet, and i think swapping to a different server is a pretty huge effort. Has there been any fixes revealed that i can do on the user end to deal with this? Im getting the error just about every time i open a PSD file. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: could not save because write access was not granted (Mac OS)

Happens all the time to me. I just have to copy PSDs to my desktop, work on them, export/save whatever (to my desktop) and then copy everything back to the server. It's the only way to work for me unfortunately. So lame.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines