• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not save error photoshop 2021

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I go to save my file I get this error message. Kraken Naginati is the file name

I gve photoshop 2021 full disc access. updated to Big Sur 11.0.1

I have no problem saving my work yesterday. everything was running smoothly, this morning it will not work. any help will be gretalty appreciated

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 10.35.19 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same message too. Hoping to get this resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what works for me: disable all but the background layer, save, quit, relaunch. It's not great, but it'll keep you from having to redo your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, but is super annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it worked! But I agree, very annoying. Hopefully it will be resolved in an update soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This really helped ❤️ I was getting no where with Adobe's technical support lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a background layer! Can only save the PSD when I disable all layers. But saving as jpeg, png for client is totally impossible. Save for Web gives me a blank image.

Thanks again Adobe for letting me work in peace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked! I don't know how you discovered it but it works. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC sucks big time. Affinity crushes it on iPad and Cs6 extended is better than this garbage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tell me how to cancel my subscription and uninstall the CC on my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even possible to get through to anyone.. Long wait time 10 min. To be put on hold in line... hahahaha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is what happens when you invest in big advertising while letting the product be garbage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I demanded a partial refund for all the hours spent not working and trying their lazy ass workaround solutions instead. Everyone experiencing these issues often should do this! Paying for product top dollar and then this.. nah

Does Affinity have a good alternative for smart object? Then ima switch 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you get a refund? and if you did, how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Have some time-critical job to do! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, can't do any work in ps now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I read the advise to disable all but the background layer too late - so the work I did since the previous save was lost. I really hope that this will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually noticed that it always seem to happen when I drag a layer over from another file into the file I want to save. When I then turn the layer's visibility off, saving works again. When I turn it on, it doesn't. This is so messed up. Can anyone figure out the reason for this problem? The workaround helps but is not really ideal, I'd really like to fix the problem and not adapt to it and live with it.
I also noticed other weird things since the last update: when I open one specific file which worked just fine before the update, it 'opens' but instead of showing the content of the file I only see the start screen from which you load your files when you opened photoshop, within the frame. Clicking on the layers doesn't do anything. It's like there is no content. However, when I drag and drop layers from that file into another file, those layers are visible and work prefectly fine. Some layers however - a gradient adjustment for example - doesn't show. I am actually really terrified to start working every day because I fear the loss of some important file or content - and it's not a solution to save dozens of copies all the time. Never in more than 15 years of working with photoshop did anything like this every happen. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this too. Another one of many embarassing errors from Adobe, and their even more embarassing solutions to not solve it but work around it. Because why fix when money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Always getting ' file could not be saved, due to program error'.

Please, Adobe, do something about it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get my work done because of this error and have lost lots of work. Is there any way to roll back to a version of PS before 2021 that isn't garbage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after having to deal with this problem repeatedly with almost every file and on top of that also encountering other weird issues I deinstalled the latest version and installed the old 2020 version. This is not really what I'm paying for but it's better than not being able to work at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've given Adobe full disk access, and reset the settings.  It worked for a while but just now I tired to convert a layer to a smart object and the program error came back, and now will not let me save ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines