Could not save file because of a program error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated Photoshop this morning I cant save my project.

It keeps saying "Could not save file because of a program error"

I can't neither use some tools as rectangular marquee tool.

I have a project to deliver tomorrow and I don't know what to do...!!!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Could not save file because of a program error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated Photoshop this morning I cant save my project.

It keeps saying "Could not save file because of a program error"

I can't neither use some tools as rectangular marquee tool.

I have a project to deliver tomorrow and I don't know what to do...!!!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 4
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... I try to reset preferences with no results 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here !! deadline tomorrow and NOTHING will save ?!?!?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved by unistalling the latest version (22.1) and re-installing the previous one (22.0.1)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me after updating the photoshop. I uninstalled my Photoshop and redid it but am having the same problem. How do you install the previous version? I only see one photoshop button to install

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For an immediate fix, you can reinstall the previous version of PS to meet your deadline then see if we can resolve the issue.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having these same probelms alot since I downloaded the latest version of Photoshop (22.1). 

I can't save projects because of a "progam error." I can't even save under a new name or file type.  This is very frustrating. Photoshop will stop working at random times, I can't use the paint bucket tool, or the crop tool. I use this software daily and it gets worse everyday! I need it to work. Thank you for your help 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe fix this? Is there any progress with this issue at all? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem with my artwork in photoshop 22.1 with Catalina 10.15.4: Photoshop was unable to save my picture due to an programm error. I figured out, that this problem occoured when I moved a layer outside the canvas size.

As a workaround I croped the image. After that saving worked again. I'm pretty sure that in the former version this bug didn't exist.
I hope for a fix very soon.

seems to be some issues with saving in 22.1: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-221-program-error-when-saving-lag-w...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started with the same problem today.  I have a Etsy Shop and can't do anything, this is so frustrating.  I hope Adobe is working on these program errors.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SERIOUSLY!!! I just worked an hour on a file and now it won't save. "Could not save file because of a program error".....I just converted to Photoshop subscription from my desktop version! What a joke! This happened serveal times yesterday as well. WHY WHY WHY would Photoshop put out a product that isnt tried and true? I am also an artist with dealines and I don't have 5 minutes to waste let alone AN HOUR!!! Photoshop needs to fix this ASAP or dont offer subscriptions. period!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to save the file after I re-installed the old version.
Click the three dots right next to 'Open' button on Creative Cloud. You can
see 'Other versions'.
You can install the old version over the installed one without deleting.
I hope it will work for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2020 0
Arkari LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the new version (22.1). Can't save psd files with many layers and groups. Have to use the old version, there it saves without problem. I hope they will fix that soon it is realy annoying!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2020 0