• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not save "file name" because write access was not granted.

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I go to save an existing file I get the error message - Could not save "file name" because write access was not granted. Yet each time I save a new .psd file I have no issues.

I'm currently using Photoshop CC v 20.0.5 and running macOS Mojave 10.14.5.

There has been no change to our file server setup that I'm aware of.

Guessing this is an access issue but any help would be appreciated as I've never had this problem before.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Hi

Adobe Technical Support only supports using Photoshop and Adobe Bridge on a local hard disk. It's difficult to re-create or accurately identify network- and peripheral-configuration problems

More info

Troubleshoot issues with networks, removable media in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Technical Support only supports using Photoshop and Adobe Bridge on a local hard disk. It's difficult to re-create or accurately identify network- and peripheral-configuration problems

More info

Troubleshoot issues with networks, removable media in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dylanf,

Sorry about the bad experience with Photoshop as it is not saving your files on the server.

Working on a server with Photoshop causes issue like this as sometimes there are permission issues which occur during saving a file from Photoshop. Please refer this article for more information on this topic: Troubleshoot issues with networks, removable media in Photoshop

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem even local hard drive, not network. I'm using Photoshop CC 2020 and Bridge 2020. It's only happenning in PSD files. even i didn't use Photoshop (same problem occured in Clip Studio when I save PSD files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have solved this problem. If use Windows 10, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, and shut down all of "COM Surrogate". Then save again. It works to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines