• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not synchronize the color settings because the file is locked - Adobe Photoshop CS6

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfer of all data via Migration Assistant to a new iMac Pro.  Now whenever I open Photoshop CS6 ver. 13.0.6 x64 I get the error message:

Could not synchronize the color settings because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file.  Use the 'Get Info' command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file.  If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder.

Running OSX High Sierra latest version.

PS_colorsettings_locked.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cryellow,

We're sorry to hear about this, let us help make this right. As you're getting a permissions error, could you please check the permissions on the library folder by going to get info and make sure the the permissions are set to "read & write" for every user?

Also, you may try running the Disk utility and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, where exactly do I look for the relevant files to check them?

With OSX High Sierra I do not believe that Disk Utility has any way to check or correct permissions any longer.  This appears to be one way to do it now

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203538

but I must first locate and check the exact file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please have a look at this article to know more about this: Solutions to Adobe Lightroom Lightroom user permission issues on launch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did look at many of the files in there; every one I looked at was read/write permissible.

I think the better solution is to reinstall the CS6 - in my license I have Acrobat X Pro, Bridge, DW, Extension Manager, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Media Encoder and Photoshop.  Which installer from online would I use to re-install what I should have?  Would it be Design & Web Premium?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so, I did download the Design & Web Premium

DesignWebPremium_CS6_LS16.dmg

but when I try to install it I get this error:

Installer_error.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had the same problem and the reason was insufficient permissions for some folders. This should fix the problem.

You need to give broader permissions for /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color -folder and folders inside it.

To get into Library folder choose Go - Go to folder... and type ~/Library

in your Library folder go to Application Support, then Adobe and choose Color -folder. Right-click the folder and choose "Get info". Look for Sharing & Permissions and check that you and staff and everyone have "Read & Write" Privilege set for the folder. You may need to set the same permissions also for the two enclosing folders (Proofing and Settings).

When you have set the permissions, restart your computer.

This worked for me, so I suppose it might work for you and others too.

Regards,

- Kari Selovuo

PS. I suppose it is enough if you give the above-mentioned permissions to "staff" and not to "everyone" like I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had the same problem and the reason was insufficient permissions for some folders. This should fix the problem.

You need to give broader permissions for /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color -folder and folders inside it.

To get into Library folder choose Go - Go to folder... and type ~/Library

in your Library folder go to Application Support, then Adobe and choose Color -folder. Right-click the folder and choose "Get info". Look for Sharing & Permissions and check that you and staff and everyone have "Read & Write" Privilege set for the folder. You may need to set the same permissions also for the two enclosing folders (Proofing and Settings).

When you have set the permissions, restart your computer.

This worked for me, so I suppose it might work for you and others too.

Regards,

- Kari Selovuo

PS. I suppose it is enough if you give the above-mentioned permissions to "staff" and not to "everyone" like I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This had worked for me in the past but now I'm getting the same error once again and the permissions are all set correctly. This drive me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too for some time but the problem has returned.

The solution does not work anymore. I have been looking for new solution with no results. I even uninstalled all Adobe software, run CC cleaner and deleted all traces of Adobe software on my Mac. Then reinstalled CC. Ps worked for the first tests but then the same problem returned.

All permissions are correctly set. This happens only on my computer (iMac). My Windows laptop has no problems and our classroom computers (about 40) have no problems opening images.

I have no idea what to try next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree it's very annoying when things don't work - there is absolutely no reason to synchronize color settings.  In fact, there are many good arguments for not synchronizing, especially for CMYK and grayscale handling. Different applications have different requirements.

For RGB, synchronizing is basically irrelevant. The embedded document profile overrides it anyway (or it should).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, I'm not synchronizing color settings. Or not that I know of. This comes up upon launch of PS. How would you disable that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem pop up and manually trying to hunt down the file with a permission issue, as other have described, did not fix it for me.

What did work was going back to an old friend, the clever utility Onyx, from Titanium Software (shareware). I just ran the "Maintenance" recommendations, rebooted and poof, all better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines