• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

COULD NOT TRANSFORM BECAUSE THE INITIAL BOUNDING RECTANGLE IS EMPTY.

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have received this error when i am now using the liquid dispersion action on photoshop CC. i hve used this action plenty of times in the oast with no issue and all other actions work. i thought it could be a corrupt image so i tried on several with the same error messgae. i then uninstalled and reinstalled the action with no success. i uninstalled and purchased the action again from a different vendor but had the same issue which leads me to belive it is something to do with photoshop not the action file or any image. 

can anyone offer a fix please. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions have dependencies can you post links to  the Action and the document it failed on? The action may have added an empty layer so there is nothing to be transformed.

If you highlight the first step in the action and hold down the CTRL key and click the play button each time you click the Play button one step will play. So you can step through the action a step at a time see hoe the action works and find when the problem happens.  The action may have failed to select pixels to paste into a layer it added.  I see it is a paid for Action.  Never felt the need to buy they are easy to record.  It could be a poor action or the document did not meat some requirements. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you could help it would be great

i have attached the link to both the image and the action

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2bt30tt2vx4qt6/miguel-andrade-potCPE_Cw8A-unsplash.jpg?dl=0

[link to action that OP purchased and is available for sale removed by moderator]

ive spent days trying to figure it out, im not great as PS but its annoyed me as all other actions work and this does not work on ANY image so you can try any image

thank you in advance

Gemma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That action failed on the first step on that document.  The first thing it does is hide the current layer. You can not hide the background layer if its the only layer in the document. So I added an empty layer.  Then the Action failed to select layer cut so I named the empty layer cut. Then the action failed because cut had no content so I filled cut with white. Then the action failed to select a brush. So I loaded the brushes the came with the action. Then the Action failed to select a layer named brush so I added an empty layer named brush.   Then the Action failed because the brush layer was empty. So I added some brush strokes to the brush layer.  Then the action fiat to select a brush,  The Brush was not in the set of brushes that  came with the action.  So I delete all.  The document had around 40 layers and the action had many step after the missing Brush step.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did play the action one more time and ignored the missing brush error. The Action displayed one more warning message that no pixels were selected but continued to play to completion. Many layer were add above the background and below the two layer I added the cut and brush layer. So the action will play fine on Windows 10 PS 2021 version 22.3.1.  You need to know what the action expect and add the missing brush or ignore the error. You nee the add the cut and brush layers and kne what content the should have, to use the Action.  I have delete the action for it was not your to send me.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the action.

ive installed the brush and have used this exact action a thousand times but since the update it won't get past a specific stage please see image that's as far as the action goes.

this is a preview picture I wanted to test the look before purchasing it without the watermark but have tried it on lots of purchased images and it won't get past this stage on every image so I'm really confused why and it's the dispersion action I used the most

A200F5DD-B5F7-4775-A4FD-857AC081B645.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to look at the action step that failed, and the steps the were  performed before the failing step to figure out what went wrong. Posting the error message without showing the step that failed and the steps played before the error is not helpful. It just states that a transform  step could not be performed for there was nothing to be transform. 

We have no idea as to what the action was trying to do or what processing it had done before the failing step. The action failed to target a layer that had content. That action adds many layers. It seems the action is trying to transform a layer it added. However,  the layer it added  is void of content. Actions are just a sequence of recorder and inserted photoshop steps. Actions are not magic. 

It would take forever and a day to single step through that actions it has so many steps and adds so many layers I can not believe that anyone but the author would find that action useful. For they are the only one that knows what the action is doing. It too complex and takes so long  to play to be useful for a normal Photoshop user. It also requires the user to fiddle with a lot of layers it added  with their visibility turn off to see what effect a these layer may bring to the table. IMO that action would be best placed in your trash can. That is how I took care of it.

Did you add the cut and brush layers before you played the action with proper content in the two layers. I have no idea what the author want in those required layers.  I also dislike action that target layers by name rather than relative position.  But you have problems targeting layers relatively if you turn layer visibility off.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Top5FAC_0-1632029665236.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to look at at the documents layers to see why you receive this error message. Did some selection tool fail the select some pixels. Is some area selected in a layer empty that there are no pixels  to transform.  Why are there no pixels in the targeted area? What is the document missing?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines