Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not use the tool because of disk error Photoshop CC 2017

Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-1 down vote  favorite  

I hope I posted this right. I keep getting this error, "Could not use the tool because of disk error" in Photoshop CC 2017 while in select and mask mode when I try to use the brush. I've read at a couple places that suggested it was a hardware issue rather than a PS issue, but this is LITERALLY a brand new computer. I've had it for 2 weeks if that. Here are the specs:

15.6" FHD IPS Matte Screen

Intel® Kabylake i7-7700HQ

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti [4GB] w/Optimus™ Technology

Up to 8GB RAM

1TB Hard Drive

Windows 10 64bit

My question is how do I fix this or is this really a hard-drive problem and needs to to be sent back?

Thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does windows find any errors?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No errors whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep a eye on it.

Could be a isolated read error.

Could be a windows permission error.

Have you set up a scratch disk yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I have the exact same problem, my PC is also new only 4 weeks old!!!

mine is a the lenovo 910, i7 7th gen with 16gis of RAM.

This is killing me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I haven't found a fix but I'm making progress I closed all other programs running. Then I went into prefrences in photoshop. Then go to performance. Then I made the ram avilable  to 85% and cropped my photo down to only what I needed. The error changed to a program error but didn't crash. It must be an issue with photoshop.  My last project I used a ton of select and masking. If any one else has any progress please post

I am runnin a surface pro 4 256g hd 8gb ram windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Surface Book with i7 2.6Ghz, Windows 10 Pro, 16Gb Ram, 500Gb SSD with hardly anything on it.

Just booted PS and it came up with the error, "Could not load default patterns because of a disk error." No code referenced.

It did eventually load but on closing, I noted that my CC desktop app didn't show my avatar and most apps said "Start Trial" but a couple had "Open" buttons.

I signed out, signed in again. Closed out of PS and restarted with no issue.

I have no idea if this helps or not but I have had issues installing updates to CC app and had to do a few workarounds to get it updated. Same with the update to Acrobat DC.

Error 28000 Acrobat | How to prevent the rollback of Acrobat installation on Windows 64-bit 

Ever since, there have been hiccups.

Things are working slowly, but fine on the iMac with the PC versions often buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i had the same problem... wondering what a scratch disk was after doing some research i started to follow a video and found my way to preformance and one of the setting was set for photoshop to use 79% (of ram? or whatever) changed it to 80 now the mask mode i have no problem!! Hope this helps =]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS IS TOTALLY WORK! THANKS A LOT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines