couldn't open psd files because its not a valid Photoshop document

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open this .psd file can anyone please help me. please see the attached .psd file and the message i get when trying to open the file.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

couldn't open psd files because its not a valid Photoshop document

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open this .psd file can anyone please help me. please see the attached .psd file and the message i get when trying to open the file.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open other PSD documents?

Have you tried removing the second .psd from the file and see if it will then open?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can open other .psd files and i did try removing the second .psd from the file but still given me the same problem. I transferred this psd file to a friend's comp. tried opennig it there but still not able to open 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your file is corrupt or is not actually a psd file but has the wrong file extension

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some PSD repair programs posted on the web that cans fix some corrupted PSD files.  I would not think that all corrupted file cans be fixes so they are usable. And some fixed PSD I believe may be missing some things all data may not have been recoverable or fixable.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0