• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR3 Files [from the Canon Ra] and Adobe DNG Converter

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the "Adobe DNG converter" convert Canon .cr3 files [from the Canon Ra] to .dng?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which specific camera

The supported cameras for ACR and DNG are here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html#Canon

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the Canon Ra.  Many thanks for the list.  It seems the Adobe DNG converter  will convert .CR3 files into .DNG format.  I need to bring those files into an astronomical imaging processing program as .dng because it won't recognize .cr3.  When I am done processing in that program, I save the result as a TIFF file for further processing in Photoshop.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My latest" version can't do it, only CR2

mycc_0-1709488709736.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your "latest version" 10.5 is not the latest!

Rob_Cullen_0-1709497341519.png

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html

The other question is- Does your Operating system  support the 'Latest' Converter app?

Another mistake I have made is to - Select individual files to Convert. This does not work. You must select a Folder of files. The converter only works with Folders of image files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hint! I thought I would get become notifications about a new version e.g. via Adobe Creative Cloud.

But I can convert individual files. I always use the "send to" context menu after I have selected CRx files:

mycc_0-1709559495269.png

2024-03-04_shot_002.jpg

This works also for folders!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The DNG Converter will open individual files sent via command line but only folders via GUI.

The EOS Ra requires ACR/DNG 12.1.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines