• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash of Photoshop 22.0.0 - Neural Filter > Beta filter > smart portrait

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I start using Smart Portrait (beta filter) the entire computer crashes completely and restarts itself.

Windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried an other beta filter (Super Zoom) and like the Smart Portrait filter, my computer crashes completely a few seconds after the filter was downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem still exists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under a modern operating system like Windows 10, an application can freeze but can not crash the computer. However, a driver called by that application can crash the computer. The most likely cause is the GPU driver as the GPU is used heavily by the neural filters. So, I would start there by updating the GPU driver for your PC. If your computer uses an NVidia GPU, then use NVidia's studio drivers rather than the game ready drivers, and when installing check "Advanced options" and "Clean Install". That will ensure remnants of the old driver are not carried forward.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

I just updated the driver of my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti to the latest version 465.89 in a clean install. There is no "studio driver" available for GeForce GTX 980 Ti. 

The problem is not solved... 😞

Is there an other driver you can recommend for GeForce GTX 980 Ti ?

(I sent a message to this thread to NVIDIA support).

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly: As @davescm already explained it is not Photoshop that crashes your computer. 

Secondly: It is called »beta« for a reason, feel free to register your dissatisfaction in the dialog. 

Screenshot 2021-04-04 at 17.01.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that Photoshop 22.3 is crashing while using the Smart Portrait Neural filter on your Windows 10 computer.

Based on our conversation we had on social media, you mentioned that Photoshop is up to date.

Please note being a beta feature Smart Portrait filter might have some unexpected outcomes. However, since the app is crashing, please checkout the below steps:

1. Restart Photoshop and try again
  2. Download the filter models again (Source: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/neural-filters-feedback.html#Knownissuesandworkarounds)
    1. Quit Photoshop, delete or rename the following folder, Start Photoshop and try again:
      1. Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\
        PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData
      2. Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/
        PHSP/22/Internal/com.adobe.nfp.gallery/PluginData 
  3. Try resetting the Photoshop preferences: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/preferences.html 

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally there was contact with a real person from Adobe. (The "help" does not work in my Chrome browser, but it worked in Firefox).

Long story short, I have to switch off Use Graphics Processor in edit>>preferences>>performance.

So the problem is not solved, since I now can't take advantage anymore of the GPU. But at least the PC does not crash anymore. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»So the problem is not solved, since I now can't take advantage anymore of the GPU. But at least the PC does not crash anymore. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update....«

Do you mean the next GPU driver update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is the cause of the problem. I am only a user.

I asked both NVIDIA and Adobe to solve this problem. So I presume they will be discussing this with each other right now, since they both told me to look at this very seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also having this issue (Windows 10) - perhaps 50% of the time using the Super Zoom, after the process is completed the entire program crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines