• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create 2 circles with certain disances between.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have PS CS6.

I want to create 2 circles with a certain distance between them.

I know how to create a circle but how do I create the desired distance between them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Thank you for the answers guys. I will test them later.

But I have experement myself a little and came up with this solution that fill my needs.

In an open new ducument I make the rulers visible. I also open up the grid function.

I can now create a circle in a certain point by the help of the grid.

I save the document and then I can create another circle at the exact disired point by the help of the ruler and the grid.

I have now 2 circles exactly with the desired distance between them thanks to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create each circle on a separate layer. The top layer should consist of a circle on a transparent layer. Then use the Move tool to position the top layer circle or choose the Move tool and use the the keyboard arrows to position the space between the circles.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use math to set the center point on you canvas so the centers are the proper distance apart. R1 +space between +R2

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answers guys. I will test them later.

But I have experement myself a little and came up with this solution that fill my needs.

In an open new ducument I make the rulers visible. I also open up the grid function.

I can now create a circle in a certain point by the help of the grid.

I save the document and then I can create another circle at the exact disired point by the help of the ruler and the grid.

I have now 2 circles exactly with the desired distance between them thanks to the ruler and the grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way is to turn on the grid and use that as your guide. If need be, you can change the grid divisions in preferences. There is also the Ruler Tool for taking measurements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ehh...thank you but you apparently didn't read my answer were I pointed out that that's exactly how I did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not state if the circle centers were aligned  or not. If not aligned the radius ends would not fall on a pixel grid Either would the distance between the circle align to the Pixel grid. The smallest practical that Photoshop has to work with is a Pixel.  You can calculate to a fraction of a pixels  but you can not materialize those fraction of a pixel.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is completely outside of what you asked, but a long time ago, our own Chuck Uebele created a very useful extension called Space Equal that distributed layers not by their centers, but with an equal space between each object regardless of size.  In fact The Photoshop team eventually built that facility into Photoshop natively as below.  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines