• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create custom 3D objects in Photoshop

Engaged ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a 3D model of the attached image, a steampunk kind of computer monitor, but the Mesh Presets limit me to only 11 shapes, which don't apply to the model I am trying to create. It would be great if PS could allow me to create custom 3D objects. Is there a plug in to expand the Mesh Preset shapes? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When your modelling needs exceed Photoshop’s 3D capabilities you may want to start looking into proper 3D software. 

Blender is even free for example. 

https://www.blender.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I am learning Blender but it would be cool if I could create 3D models using objects designed in Photoshop.

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can extrude shapes in Photoshop but I think the design you posted is too complex to be meaningfully built in Photoshop itself.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm, you seem to be 3D-savvy, what’s your opinion on the design the OP attached? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely one for a 3D application such as Blender which will give you control over both the modelling and the UV unwrapping when it comes to applying all the textures

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines