• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create futuristic looking wireframe graphic?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I want to create a graphic, which looks like this:

b76f920d01eab78dca2941a43178410e.jpg

My question to this process are:

1. How to get those lines (looking like a wireframe) - unfortunately I can't find any effect in the filter gallery

2. how to get the line fading out in points

Things like getting this warped grid or getting the neon effect are completely clear for me I'm just failing in converting a "normal" picture into this kinda wireframe graphic.

To create an example I just found this picture and say I wanna create with this snake picture this wireframe effect:
BuzzFeed.png

Maybe some of you know any combinations of filter to get this effect or maybe it's super easy and I'm just blind on finding any effect to achieve this.

Thanks a ton for your help and have a nice day!

Best wishes

Leon 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Nothing to do with PS and not a simple effect. Particle effects in 3D programs like displacing a static 3D grid made of points based on genuine geometry or custom input maps. Even if PS had such a tool, you'd at the very least face soem heavy processing of your snake image to convert it into suitable maps to define the particle coordinates, so this is nothing you whip up in a second or two. Of course you can also create a 2D dot grid in PS and use the Displacment Map effect to get at least somet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with PS and not a simple effect. Particle effects in 3D programs like displacing a static 3D grid made of points based on genuine geometry or custom input maps. Even if PS had such a tool, you'd at the very least face soem heavy processing of your snake image to convert it into suitable maps to define the particle coordinates, so this is nothing you whip up in a second or two. Of course you can also create a 2D dot grid in PS and use the Displacment Map effect to get at least something slightly resembling the example, but even then the mangling of the displacment map can't be avoided. such stuff isn't intuitive and takes practice and understanding what the parameters do, regardless which method is used.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a ton for your help! Do you know any tutorial to learn this effect or would you say it's a thing of time when starting 3D?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines