• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create line drawing in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I shouldn't even be using Photoshop for this. Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't be using Photoshop for this. I'm guessing Illustrator? However, I'm more comfortable with Photoshop so maybe I can just stick with it if someone can tell me what I'm doing right/wrong and, hopefully, how to do it better.
I have a faint, hand-sketched drawing that I have made darker and impoved on with filters and the like but we want to print this on  canvas to be embroidered and really, the lines need to be waaay sharper and more precise. So I've been playing with drawing circles and erasing bitsm where circles can be used. But then I started playing with the warp tool and that madem the circles much more useable. Then I started drawing lines and warping THEM and the possibilities improved tremendously. BUT it is VERY slow going to draw a line or a circle for each and every bit and then warping it.

I'm really enjoying learning more in Photoshop but this project will take forever.

Is there a better way to do this???

You can see the bit I've already done in the top right corner.

Thanks SO much.

magda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Maybe I shouldn't even be using Photoshop for this.«

You already seem to know that Photoshop is not the best application for the task.

Though admittedly Illustrator’s Image Trace will likely not provide a good result and manual tracing may be hard to avoid. 

But by using Symbols for repeating elements you may be able to save some time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can easily be done in Photoshop with the pen tool. This took me about 20 minutes:

ADOBE-FORUM-PT.jpgADOBE-FORUM-PT2.jpgADOBE-FORUM-PT3.jpgADOBE-FORUM-PT4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for this. I knew that photoshop might not be the best software for the task but I was sure there still had to be a brelatiely easy vway bto do it with photoshop.

I really appreciate this! Made my life much easier and taught me something new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines