• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create New Document does not use Working Space ICC Profile by default in 2021?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Photoshop 2021. And now, it seems to me that the user *has* to manually pick an ICC profile for tagging the document at the time of creating new document?

See below (sorry for the french UI, I'm in the middle of teaching Photoshop at a local french-speaking institution):

Create New Document.png

I confess it is the first time I notice new documents are not automatically tagged with the Working Space ICC Profile.

I reviewed all Color Management settings and Preferences I could find to no avail, I can't change that "behavior"?

I would have thought, perhaps, that, once I chose some profile, that Photoshop would remember my selection and offer the last profile used when creating more new documents but no? It looks like it's now hard-coded to NOT make any kinds of assumptions.

I hope I'm missing something obvious... May have to call Adobe Tech Support...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this guys's video on YouTube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AioVWOoYZM&feature=youtu.be

@11 min, he creates a New document: this guy is demonstrating Photoshop 2021, how is he able to get the Color profile showing the RGB Working Space by default? Which is what Photoshop has always does and does not do anymore, at least for me.

NEW FEATURES OF PHOTOSHOP 2021. Learn all the new features of Photoshop 2021, learn the tips and tricks and how to use the new tools in Photoshop. From refine hair, sky replacement, ACR changes, live shapes, Neural filters, pattern preview and so much more jam packed into this tutorial. Colin ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to Adobe's tech support last night and it may be a bug in my installation? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out the YouTube video was a wrong lead.

Also, I tried the English version of Photoshop 2020 on my my Dell laptop and it is the same problem.

I had access to a Photoshop 5.5 on Windows and the problem did not exist back then?

When creating New documents from scratch or from the Clipboard, the default RGB color profile *correctly* comes up. 

I don't know what to say...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines