Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create one photo from a series of photos capturing an Osprey diving

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time user looking for help.

I am looking to be pointed in the right direction with a project in Photoshop or Lightroom Classic. I am a novice in Photoshop and near an intermediate level in Lightroom Classic.

I have a series of photos capturing an Osprey diving into the ocean and then flying up out of the water with its catch, about 15 photos. Most of the photos have a clear sky as a background, the others have water and surf. 

I want to make a single photo with a new sky background, use the existing water/surf and integrate all the captures of the diving Osprey into the photo. I’ve tried BLENDING MODE but don’t think I am on the right path.

I’ve worked with Topaz AI Mask but I don’t think I am on the right path there either.

I have learned a lot from YouTube but I need help getting me on the right path. All suggestions welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending one how well the images were taken and how the can be auto aligned Stack Mode blending may be useful for your work. image stacks 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take a look. I've used STACK MODE BLENDING to clean up a picture but they were taken on a tripod. These Osprey pictures were freehand and moving.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Load the files into Photoshop layers and turn all but the background layer off.  (select layers and Ctrl ,)

Select the next layer up the stack and turn it on and use Select Subject to select the bird.  Fine tune with Slect and Mask.

Repeat for the other layers. 

Fine positioning as required.

The selection tools are so good with Photoshop now, that this will be a breaze.  It will take hardly any time, and with the same sky as a background you should easily get a very good result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Trevor, I will give a shot.

Rockin' Rock Ranch
Rich and Patty Horner
1084 Deep Wood Trail
Salem, Arkansas 72576
870-754-0283
Registered Black Angus
Registered and cross breed Goats
Anatolian Shepherd Livestock Guard Dogs

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge."
-- Daniel I. Boors

The best way to find a helping hand is at the end of your arm.
--- Swedish proverb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines