Highlighted

Create ripped effect

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a ripped effect like in the first photo below. The second photo is the original I want to have the ripped effect on the bottem edge. If it matters, I am doing this on a MacBook Air

exampleexample

originaloriginal

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create ripped effect

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a ripped effect like in the first photo below. The second photo is the original I want to have the ripped effect on the bottem edge. If it matters, I am doing this on a MacBook Air

exampleexample

originaloriginal

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create that effect with a layer mask and a brush.

1. If your photo is open in Photoshop as a background layer, in the Layers panel click the lock on the right side of the Background layer to turn it into a regular layer.
  2. Add a new layer (click the 2nd icon from the right at the bottom of the Layers panel or go to the panel menu and select New Layer...).
  3. Drag the new layer to the bottom of the layer stack.
  4. Fill the new layer with white, if it isn't white already.
  5. Select the photo layer and click the 3rd icon from the left at the bottom of the Layers panel to add a layer mask.
  6. Select the Brush Tool and go to Windows > Brushes to select a brush to make the ripped edge effect. (You might try something like tiger scratch in the Dry Media Brushes. You may need to adjust the size or opacity to get the effect you want.)
  7. Set the foreground color to black, make sure the layer mask is selected, and draw where you want the rough edge to be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0