• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create shape tool bugged

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone else having issues with the layer and overlap options? its default on "create new layer" whenever I make a shape but whenver i selct another option it just stays at create new layer. is really annoying

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

I cannot reproduce the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-11-14 134647.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the Tool is set to »Shape« it creates a new Shape Layer each time when used, that’s as it should be. 

But one can merge several Shape Layers into one Shape Layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that alright?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the layer and overlap options? its default on "create new layer""

image.png

I see Blending and Opacity options.  Theses cans also be change after a layer is created in the layers palette where fill can also be changed and bending can be made conditional with blend if.   With create Shape I see fill and stroke options as will as other shape options.   What overlap options are you having problem with? here is what I see creatind shape  Lime tool is broken in 2021.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all of them. Like the work fine technically but whenever i make a new shape it becomes a new layer. wherease id like them to be all on the same layer and to be edited and merged without having to run around,  rasterise every layer and merge. The image i posted above shows the issue. The option says create new layer, i select a different option yet that option remains checked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about »rasterizing«? Several Shape Layers can be merged into one Shape Layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A shape layer is a fill layer and is empty or solid color fill, or a Pattern fill, or gradient fill.  A Shape can only have one fill. You can not paint on the fill or delete and of its pixels.  You can onle change the single fill. 

However you can add a Vector  Layer Mask on a pixels layer that layer will have be some features like a shape layer but you can work on the layers conten fill. You cans also stroke the vector layer mask paths and add layer styles to this layer.  The path stroke options are not the same stroike option Shape layers have.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines