Highlighted

Create slider for controlling a specific effect parameter

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it possible in PS to be created a slider controlling a speciffic parameter?

I want to create a script that will control the 'Feather' parameter of the 'Select and Mask...' properties. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Damian

For everyone who is conserned regarding my problem, I have found the solution on the following link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/slider-help-to-adjust-scale-and-rotation/td-p/10581897?page=1

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Mac, Make It, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create slider for controlling a specific effect parameter

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it possible in PS to be created a slider controlling a speciffic parameter?

I want to create a script that will control the 'Feather' parameter of the 'Select and Mask...' properties. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Damian

For everyone who is conserned regarding my problem, I have found the solution on the following link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/slider-help-to-adjust-scale-and-rotation/td-p/10581897?page=1

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Mac, Make It, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? The feather is already a slider in the GUI of both the select and mask before/after application and also in the (mask) properties. I have looked into ScriptListener and it records both so you can control this from a script by building a GUI which would feed the slider value back to the feather value, however this wouldn't have an interactive preview.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to try creating a script that implements multiple parameters from multiple filters including 'Select and Mask'.

I have found ScriptUI Classes which I believe is the right way of creating controls, but really have limited knowledge about PS scripting because of lack of information. Any help would be appreciated either by resources or by an example.

Thanks,

Damian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/slider-help-to-adjust-scale-and-rotation/td-p/10581897?page...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting back. I've marked your answer "Correct".

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha,

Thanks Jane, you are welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 1