'Create Video Timeline' option has disappeared from Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Has anybody had this problem? I want to insert a video into an image and have found a simple YouTube tutorial, which I tested last week. It was done by making a rectangle a Smart Object and then working in the 'Create Video Timeline' feature.

But when I went to do the task for real yesterday, when I open the Timeline window I'm only given the option to Create Frame Animation - there is not option to Create Video Timeline. When I tried it last week, it was already showing 'Create Video Timeline' when I opened the window, but I have updated the OS and now it is gone completely. I wonder if they're linked.

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 09.57.28.png

I am using Photoshop CC 22.3.0 on Big Sur 11.2.3.

Can anyone suggest a fix? I have been onto Adobe support all day and they can't seem to grasp what the problem is.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Seems it's an issue with v22.3 not working properly with the M1 chipset: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html#sa_src=web-messaging

I reinstalled v22.2 and it's reappeared.

Apparently installing Rosetta should help it: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861#sa_src=web-messaging

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. The only option I have is "Create Frame Animation" and "Create Video Timelimne" is nowhere to be found.
MacBook Pro 13 with M1 chipset, OS Big Sur v11.2.3, with Photoshop CC v25.2.1
The system didn't say anything about installing Rosetta when I launch the app and as far as I know the computer came with Rosetta 2 already installed so I reallt don't feel comfortable with messing with that.
So aggravating! Hope Adobe re-codes their software to run on Apple Silicon better soon.
ADOBE, ARE YOU READING THIS?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines