• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Vintage / Ink Bleed / Grunge effect for all Vectors and Font

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adobe guys, I was wondering if you can help me, I am looking to add this texture / effect to any type of vectors and fonts, it has a sort of Vintage/ Ink bleed / grunge / ink stamp bleed sort of effect to any vector on photoshop / illustrator, I just don't know how to get it looking like this (please find images of font below), I would like to use this effect on a project I am working on, any advice would be gratefully appreciated and how to get any sort of vector file looking like the following below.

Thank you so much. Ravi

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 14.44.16.png

3dca359e-a9da-4e75-9b61-a486b1e0f645.jpgScreen Shot 2019-09-24 at 14.35.32.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-24 at 14.35.39.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-24 at 14.39.56.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer Styles, Smart Filters and Pattern Layers with Blend Modes can be used to distress originally sharp elements (like vector Smart Objects), but this is the Photoshop Forum, so if you are looking for final vector output this is not the ideal place/tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filter > Noise > Dust & Scratches...Radius 4 pixels Threshold 0 levels

Then choose Curves and move the highlight endpoint horizontally slightly to increase contrast

Fig_1.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Norman, I did try this but the curves didn't work for me, thanks for your reply though, Let me try again with the curves... Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ravi, if Curves are troublesome for you, use Levels and move the highlight end slider gently to increase sharpness and contrast just a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

distressedTypeTestScr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's epic, thanks for this, seriously. I didn't realise that the filters "other" would show smart filters median and minimum which works perfectly but the Picture fill only works on a white text / font and won't work with any other colour as the picture fill is visible in other colours with the Hard Mix, any suggestions? I will try however to copy and past the same wording at the top and save as clipping mask ontop of the picture fill, hopefully this would work. Thank you btw you let me discover new filters I didn't think to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don’t quite follow concerning the colors-issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Hard Mix-Pattern is in this case intended to »warp« the edges – that’s an effect you should also be able to achieve with the Displace Filter with an appropriate Displacement Map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure it out?

im willing to split the pack off of blk market if you're down 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Hannah, thank you ever so much for your reply! I did figure it out! but the Hard mix option on the font can only happen to white text only, the graphic element of the Picture Fill won't work on any other colour, I think I may need to copy and paste the font above and save as clipping mask. I have figured out the Median and Minimum which works wonderfully. but there must be a way to change the colour of the font without the picture fill ruining with it's visuals. Splitting the pack off of blk market would be a dream! have you tired this vintage effect and how far have you reached? Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it’s been tough for me id rather have the actions ready to go like the bulk market package. Lmk I'm down to buy and split 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi man, I'd be up for splitting the pack if you still are? $25 is just a bit too pricey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

distressedTypeTest2Scr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! right, let me try the Displace as a smart filter and I will show you if that's alright with you, thank you so much for your continuous help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
An alternative to consider which allows you to stay in Text /Vector shape is to add a layer style with a small stroke set to Dissolve Blend mode

2019-11-17_20-53-29.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=y4JdOaw3SRI

THIS IS THE BEST AND MOST REALISTIC WAY TO ACHIEVE THIS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SGOHH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's your question?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines