• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Created Photoshop file for use in illustrator banner but can't work out why edges are fuzzy

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a banner and flyers for a community sporting club my kids play at.

I have found two action photos of our local sports players, cut them out, added them to a new transparent canvas and changed their colour to all black.  File looks fine in  photoshop, but when I bring it into illustrator, the edges are fuzzy. I'm worried that when I give them the file, and its printed 10 times for the 900 x 600mm banner, the players edges will be obviously fuzzy.

How do I save the player file with sharp edges ?

Files are attached.  

My first time on here. Looking forward to the feedback!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are Raster images the tiff is quite large 75MP  the jpeg 2MP the jpeg is 1200pixels wide in the tiff it looked like is was blended in resized 4800 wide Image become soft and degraded interpolated.  See if you cans make the characters in the jpeg vector shape layers and export it as paths to AI

image.png

It will save an AI file

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like export as a svg will also export the black fill.  I do not install AI so I can not test the AI side of your process. I could place the svg back into PS as a vector smar object layer

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry you are instructing over my head. I dont know how to read the back end or turn my players into a vector file.

Can you please provide a link to where I can learn how to do this step by step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was going to give the same advice re converting to paths. Do you know how to use the pen tool? You do need to know that. Here's one tutorial I found which tells you how to do it step by step, and  you can find others by Googling "Photoshop Convert to Paths" etc:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-convert-to-vector-in-photoshop 

As it says in the tutorial, the paths always need some tweaking/correcting, so it can be kind of laborious at first, but it's worth it. Let us know how this works for you.

-edit- And if you have any other questions as you follow the tutorial, come on back here and ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines