Highlighted

Creating 3D models

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For a school project, I have to layer photos that were taken to create a 3d reconstruction. The photos are basically 2d slices of an object that I will have to layer on top of one another to make the reconstruction. I am fairly new to photoshop, and was wondering how to do that using photoshop or if this is possible using this application. Any insight will help. Thanks!

Topics

Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating 3D models

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For a school project, I have to layer photos that were taken to create a 3d reconstruction. The photos are basically 2d slices of an object that I will have to layer on top of one another to make the reconstruction. I am fairly new to photoshop, and was wondering how to do that using photoshop or if this is possible using this application. Any insight will help. Thanks!

Topics

Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know the spacing of the cross section slices? You may be able to load them into a stack. Extrude each layer for the width of the spacing.  Merge all the 3D layer into a single 3D scene and arrange then like a loaf of bread.  To create a crude 3D model..

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can post \ share these two photos so we can better understand what is needed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to look into 3D volumes.

3D > New Mesh from Layer > Volume

Deke McClelland has a tutorial where he builds a 3D model of his knee from a series of 2D scans...

https://www.deke.com/?/content/dekes-techniques-393-assembling-dicom-slices-into-a-3d-image-in-photo...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines