Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a 300x250 image with sharp text

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working on a project to create an 300x250 image that highlights some short quotes about a company. It's going to appear as a 'house ad' on its website, hence 300x250. Using the latest version of Photoshop I created the image at 300x250 at 300dpi. Besides being super small on a 4k monitor and scaling up looking blurry,  the text in the final PNG output is also blurry and that's what I'm having trouble with.

I've seen plenty of 300x250 ads (images) with text that appears to be smaller than this with text that looks just fine. Unfortunately, it cannot be scaled down, i.e., creating the image at 600x500. Scaling it down also makes the image blurry and it has to be an image (PNG).

Question:

How can I make this (small of an) image output with sharp/clear text? Is it even possible?

ad-press-creatives-300x250.png

Thx in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, According to my point of view.

Create this small size text in Adobe Illustrator. It will give you sharp and clear image.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I get it into Photoshop then? Export as SVG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

misterpeepers  wrote

I've seen plenty of 300x250 ads (images) with text that appears to be smaller than this with text that looks just fine.

Then it probably has live text overlaid the image.

Your 4K screen complicates this quite a lot. Your web browser will scale up images when it detects a 4K screen, so that it appears the same size as on a standard screen.

Live text will still be rendered at native screen resolution, whereas an image is displayed at document resolution, which in this particular case is half that.

IOW - this is normally not an issue, but it becomes an issue because of the 4K scaling workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thx.  So.....how should I go about creating this image so that it looks like I’m intending?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a 300x250px PNG with a sample off all the text rendering options:

Text-Rendering.png

And here is a screenshot of the text tool rendering options:

Text-Rendering-Screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that in Photoshop?

I’m just not sure how to make the output work. If I need to use Illustrator I will, again, looking for directional help. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this is Character Box which you can use for tying there all will be good for you in window menu it is present to choose....thanks.

ps txt.jpg

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah thx. That’s not going to work. The text is still blurry. I think I need to pursue the Illustrator option — just a bit unsure how. Any pointers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi you can try illustrator can you tell me which font you are using and which images you have for ad are they high quality you care scaling down it in proper proportion....thanks

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines