• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating a rectangle

Explorer ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe I have to ask this, but I've found myself in quite a strange predicament. I don't know since when, but atleast in my version of photoshop when creating a rectangle, without pressing any keys, it scales from the center.  Weird, but in itself not a huge deal.

The problem is that no other key allows me to scale from corner to corner. Especially weird because my countrys adobe site says that pressing the alt key scales the shape from the center and without any key presses, it scales from corner to corner. 

Even stranger still, pressing the alt key whilst in the shape tool opens up the color picker. Only after creating one rectangle pressing the alt key opens up some kind of negative boolean function that, miraculously, does scale from corner to corner. 

I checked the shortcuts, color picker has only one shortcut assigned to it in my set-up: i.

So I have no idea what to do, can't believe making a rectangle can be so confusing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Hello, go to the gear icon of your Option Bar when the Rectangle tool is selected, and uncheck "from center"

Or when you can't find the option that changed something, right-click on the rectangle tool icon in the option bar, and select "reset tool"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, go to the gear icon of your Option Bar when the Rectangle tool is selected, and uncheck "from center"

Or when you can't find the option that changed something, right-click on the rectangle tool icon in the option bar, and select "reset tool"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that did it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines