Highlighted

Creating clickable social media stories in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on designs for a fundraiser for a nonprofit. We want to create an image for board members and donors to share on their social media stories (i.e. Instagram, Snapchat). I figured out the dimensions and made the graphic in photoshop, but I can't figure out a way to include clickable hyperlinks, I just have our "Donate" page address in a textbox. Ideally, I'd like to make our logo clickable but if not, I'd like the link to be an actual hyperlink. But it's my understanding that this isn't a real option, as it would need to be saved as either a JPG or a PNG to be distributed to our board members to put on their phone and then post.

I'm sorry, I'm really struggling to explain what I'm envisioning and what I believe my supervisor is envisioning. I promise I do have a basic understanding of both Adobe and social media advertising, I just haven't done this specific thing before!

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating clickable social media stories in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on designs for a fundraiser for a nonprofit. We want to create an image for board members and donors to share on their social media stories (i.e. Instagram, Snapchat). I figured out the dimensions and made the graphic in photoshop, but I can't figure out a way to include clickable hyperlinks, I just have our "Donate" page address in a textbox. Ideally, I'd like to make our logo clickable but if not, I'd like the link to be an actual hyperlink. But it's my understanding that this isn't a real option, as it would need to be saved as either a JPG or a PNG to be distributed to our board members to put on their phone and then post.

I'm sorry, I'm really struggling to explain what I'm envisioning and what I believe my supervisor is envisioning. I promise I do have a basic understanding of both Adobe and social media advertising, I just haven't done this specific thing before!

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2020 0
Conrad C LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One important point is that an image alone cannot contain hyperlinks. Image formats like JPG and PNG simply don’t support them. When you click an image with a hyperlink, what is actually happening is that the image has been composed within a page of HTML code, and the hyperlink is in the code containing the image.

For stories promoted through social media, one solution is to use something like Adobe Spark Post. You can design whatever you want, and add any Photoshop image you want, then send the link to board members to include in social media posts, emails, text messages, and web pages.

Adobe Spark has mobile apps and a web browser, so you can create social media stories on almost any device.

I have to admit I haven’t used Spark very much, but it’s designed for exactly this kind of easy social media promotion for an organization, business, or project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0