• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Clipping Mask that will reverse only White Color is that possible?

Explorer ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I have Clipping Mask that reverses only White Color on Smart object its clipped to? Lets say if smart object has white and red colors, reverse white to black and leave red as is. would it be possible? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

There might be several ways to do this. Off hand, I would try clipping a inverse adjustment layer, the using the blend if sliders to bring back all the tones you want, except white.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

The "Blend if" sliders that @Chuck Uebele  is referring to can be found within the Layer Style dialog box. Right mouse click on a layer within the Layers panel and choose Blending Options.

export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be several ways to do this. Off hand, I would try clipping a inverse adjustment layer, the using the blend if sliders to bring back all the tones you want, except white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Blend if" sliders that @Chuck Uebele  is referring to can be found within the Layer Style dialog box. Right mouse click on a layer within the Layers panel and choose Blending Options.

export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, will try tomorrow, should I do it on smart object or create blank layer and clip to smart object, that smart object will have different artworks, so need only white to auto - reverse on those different artworks, what settings should change in blending options. thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! that worked perfectly. appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please give an example of what you did, otherwise I did not understand what it was all about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines