• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating correction filter for variable color cast in drone picture.

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a drone and snow pictures show a slight pinkish color cast in center changing gradually to a slight cyan color cast around the image.  The change is really obvious in snow picture, a lot less (but still present) in summer shot where there is a variety of différent colors and densities.  Is there a way to create a correcting filter that would neutralize both colors cast?  I would shoot a uniform white wall with my drone to make the filter, invert it somehow and blend it to my images to correct the color cast.  Problem is that I am not so familiar with the blending mode.  Ideally once I got the right method, I would create some kind of  PERSONAL PRESET and just applied it to my drone pictures before starting any other adjustment.  Thank you for your help.DJI HDR_0025_9.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no simple fix since you have two color casts. You could create two separate adjustment layers that contain layers masks, one for the center and the other for the surrounding area, and then apply them to both.

It's easy to Save and Load adjustment layers if the issue exists on all your captures.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hue and saturation adjustment for reds and cyan.

Screenshot 2021-03-26 081732.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, it does fix the snow, but I realize that my car isn't red anymore.  And Hue Saturation will affect image all over not just locally.  My tought was more like creating a complementary color filter and blend it o the image.  As we do with graduated filter to darken sky w/o affectin forground.  The graduated filter would be light green in center and light red around.  Still appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the mask for the car.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines