• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating for desktop and mobile - I already have a desktop design mocked up

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, My name is Michael and could use some help.

I created a photoshop home page, website design for desktops.

However, I need to have this design work for mobile phones as well.

How do I get this desktop design to look about the same on a mobile phone?

I don't want to use WordPress if I can help it.

I'm not strong in html or css. What is the best option out there that won't break the bank?

sun_rise_homepage1.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not develop for the web.  But those that do I believe use Artboards for developing for different devices displays. I have never use Photoshop Artboard feature.  Artboards may be what you are after. I remover the Artboard Tool from my toolbar.

artboard 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, will check it ou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to make a mockup for mobile in Photoshop? Or are you looking for an option to create a functioning webdesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in photoshop but it needs to be directly transferable to a functioning template as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Design apps such as Photoshop and Adobe XD (which is a proper web design app, which I'd recommend over Photoshop for designing websites), are used to design the visual appearance of the website. Neither app will write the code required for the website to function. Design apps aren't made to create functional websites, they are for designing, not producing a working website. The workflow is design, then hand off to a coder.

If you don't want to pay for a coder to build the website, I'd recommend either WordPress or Webflow (which is probably the closest thing to what you want and you said you don't want WordPress).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if Adobe still have Muse that is the software you would use but Adobe has walked away from web design now mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks I'll check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ussnorway. I've downloaded and played with Muse and it is exactly what I need. I think it will 'fit the bill' as we say in the States. 🙂 Now, I just have to see how much it costs and what happens now that is soon to not be supported any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse creates horrible code (the code that makes the website work) and is discontinued. Please do not use Muse for any website you care about.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To design a version for mobile phone in Photoshop you can create a new file or artboard with the proper width for mobile (e.g. 480px). Place the elements under each other. The length of the file can be as long as you wish, because you can scroll through it in the functioning version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you save/export the design so that it is appears correct on various mobile screen sizes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't know if the people looking at your site have a watch, phone or multiscreen desktop so the simple answer is to give choice: make a small phone and a big desktop design then add a button so people can change from one to the other but don't try to script detect their screens because doing that will lead to you being treated as spam\ hacker and having your site blocked from any view at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines