Highlighted

Creating Guidelines slows down Photoshop 2020.

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop works fine on my computer. But I found one problem. When I create the guidelines, Photoshop starts to work incredibly slowly. When I turn off the visibility of the guidelines, the problem disappears immediately. I've been using Photoshop for over 13 years and the first time I see a problem like this. 

Photoshop file size 20Mb.

General Processor Settings ON. (Use Graphics Processor) Let Photoshop Use 17663Mb ram.

My specs:

i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti, z390 MegAce, 32Gb 3600mgz DDR4. 

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating Guidelines slows down Photoshop 2020.

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop works fine on my computer. But I found one problem. When I create the guidelines, Photoshop starts to work incredibly slowly. When I turn off the visibility of the guidelines, the problem disappears immediately. I've been using Photoshop for over 13 years and the first time I see a problem like this. 

Photoshop file size 20Mb.

General Processor Settings ON. (Use Graphics Processor) Let Photoshop Use 17663Mb ram.

My specs:

i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti, z390 MegAce, 32Gb 3600mgz DDR4. 

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I think there's a MAJOR bug in Photoshop that's creeped up recenctly. I've had zero problems until recently and photoshop is starting to stutter and lag. If guides are open, panning around is slow and stutters. If I turn them off, you can drag around the artboard with ease. Now showing guies via shortcut works only sometimes. Photoshop was rock solid for me but now getting to be a total pain!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I reverted to 21.2.1. It seemed to fix the issue. But like just now, turning on guides causes render lag, lag in snapping, a lot of stutter in panning (hand tool), dragging layer item issues. Turning guides off seems to fix it. I'm confused now. I don't know if it's a driver issue, adobe issue...I just know it's a "new" issue to me anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
mglush LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Another person posting on the forum is having the same issue. I thought you would be interested in the thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/grid-and-guides-causing-slowdown/td-p/11314208?page=1

Let us know if this helps!

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0