• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Layer/Clipping Masks

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a seried of logos for a client in Illustrator, and the client has asked me to reproduce them in Photoshop, so their animator can work with them.

I need to provide 5 layered PSD files, one of each logo (see Illustrator screenshot), and one without any sky for alpha transparency, but with the fields at the bottom of "SUPER".  I've created files for the four main logos in the Illustrator screenshot, but trying to create the alpha transparency copy I keep getting the absence of sky showing as Black.

What shows as Black when masked I effectively need to be transparent, but the fields to mask as they have correctly done - How on earth do/can I do this?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Martin,

I'm going to include your screenshots at the bottom of this response so that people can see the images. Many don't like having to click on the files.

Since you already have the Illustrator artwork neatly organized in Illustrator, you can copy/paste the vector work from Illustrator into Photoshop as you need to for various layers. If you command+click (or the Windows equivalent) on a layer, then you'll see the marching ants select whatever is on that layer. Then you can create a layer mask from that.

I've created a seried of logos for a client in Illustrator, and the client has asked me to reproduce them in Photoshop, so their animator can work with them.

As far as this request goes, I'm confused why their animator is asking you to do this. Personally, if I were animating this, I would want the Illustrator file. But I guess that's none of my business lol.

Screenshot 2021-04-20 at 14.22.46.pngScreenshot 2021-04-20 at 14.28.35.pngScreenshot 2021-04-20 at 14.21.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines