creating the correct size/resulotion for print.

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys. 

I have run into some printing issues.

I have send my images to a print lab. The person who is doing the printing job told me that the way to get the correct image size/resolution is to export your raw file from lightroom in the wanted measurements to a specific folder on your computer then upload into photoshop. By using this method you have the correct size/resulotion from the beginning of your editing work. 

I have edited all my raw images in lightroom then created a smart object into photoshop finished my editing + created the size of you images that I want to print it then back to lightroom.

Is there any different in quality when creating an image size you want from this method when printing? 

It's a bit difficult to explain, I do hope it make sence.

Thank you for your help!!

Best Casper

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

creating the correct size/resulotion for print.

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys. 

I have run into some printing issues.

I have send my images to a print lab. The person who is doing the printing job told me that the way to get the correct image size/resolution is to export your raw file from lightroom in the wanted measurements to a specific folder on your computer then upload into photoshop. By using this method you have the correct size/resulotion from the beginning of your editing work. 

I have edited all my raw images in lightroom then created a smart object into photoshop finished my editing + created the size of you images that I want to print it then back to lightroom.

Is there any different in quality when creating an image size you want from this method when printing? 

It's a bit difficult to explain, I do hope it make sence.

Thank you for your help!!

Best Casper

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 23, 2020 0

Have something to add?