Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud and Photoshop Slowing MAC down to a crawl on Mojave [2019]

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot uninstall creative cloud.

Cannot fix errors with creative cloud and photoshop.

Creative cloud slowing down my mac to a crawl.

All this after the Mojave update.

Need urgent help as we use photoshop for work and don't have time to go through millions of forum entries.

Could someone please get in touch with us - a paying customer!!!!!!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Hi Edgar,

Mojave caused a lot of issues with Creative Cloud. They fixed some with a patch and broke them with the next patch. Which version do you have?

I am on High Sierra and am waiting until the Mojave issues are settled. I have no problems with Creative Cloud.

Your choices seem to be:

• Roll back your OSX
  • Use 2018 until Apple fixes this (keep 2019 installed)
  • Try updating to the beta of Mojave 10.14.4
  • Wait until Mojave 10.14.4 is released and hope it works

This is an Apple issue, unfortunately.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Adobe Support it is a User forum. If you do not have time to find where your problems are you better outsource your image processing. You may be be better off using an older version of Mac OS the worked for you.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried "Contact Adobe" and it took me to this forum. Does anyone know their contact phone number please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snark!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JJMack I am a professional user and CC is wreaking havoc on my OS. It is chewing up processing power, as evidenced by my activity monitor. Maybe you should outsource your Adobe sycophancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edgar,

Mojave caused a lot of issues with Creative Cloud. They fixed some with a patch and broke them with the next patch. Which version do you have?

I am on High Sierra and am waiting until the Mojave issues are settled. I have no problems with Creative Cloud.

Your choices seem to be:

• Roll back your OSX
  • Use 2018 until Apple fixes this (keep 2019 installed)
  • Try updating to the beta of Mojave 10.14.4
  • Wait until Mojave 10.14.4 is released and hope it works

This is an Apple issue, unfortunately.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am considering rolling back to High Sierra. This whole Mojave experience has been a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edgarsd19630042  wrote

Thanks. I am considering rolling back to High Sierra. This whole Mojave experience has been a pain.

You’re welcome, Edgar. Mojave came out in September, so the hope is that they will get it right with patch #4. I will still wait 2-3 months after I hear there are no issues until I do the update. Let’s hope!!!

Also, I just found some of your posts in the moderation que, so they are showing up after my responses.

Best of luck,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edgar,

For support, start here and sign in. I just went through it and got to the phone, but you have to answer questions on the way. Post back telling us what you picked at each step if you end up in a loop or have other trouble and we can walk you through it.

Contact Customer Care

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An 'Apple issue'?  Help me to understand how you reach that conclusion. Apple updates its OS presumably to improve performance and security, not to confound and befuddle major developers.  If Adobe or any other mega-developer cannot keep up, I hardly see how it can throw its virtual hands in the air and declare, "It ain't my problem."  I now routinely zap all Creative Cloud processes in Activity Monitor hoping Adobe will catch up one of these days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. Creative Cloud is a disaster. I have a high spec Mac and CC is monstering it. I don't understand all these people apologising for a software giant. All these contributors are probably Adobe employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, an update on all this.  I was moaning about performance on my 'old' 2015 27" iMac with 24Gb or RAM and indeed my new 2020 27" that came bundled with a measly 8 Gb.  I upgraded with OWC chips to 64 Gb, and -- hey presto -- all the gruesome lags seem to have gone away.  Let me test further...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How dare Adobe blame this on Apple?!??!? We've had CC installed on our macs ever since it was first created, across multiple OSXs and it is an absolute disaster. It grinds all of our machines to a halt unless we disable it at startup and then start removing its background apps until it is to all intents and purposes dead. We've moving to Affinity. It works and costs a fraction of the cost of Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@tims27147826 wrote:

How dare Adobe blame this on Apple?

Tim, you responded to a post from 2019 when an update to Mojave was released and Photoshop was version 2019. Are you and your team still using Mojave and Photoshop 2019? macOS is now up to macOS10.14 and future updates fixed the bugs it caused four years ago.

Since then three other versions of macOS have been released and another is in beta.

• Catatlina: macOS 10.15
  • Big Sur: macOS 11
  • Monterey: macOS 12
  • Ventura: macOS 13 (beta)

I'll lock this thread since both macOS Mojave and Photoshop 2019 are no longer being supported. If you just wanted to vent about something long-since solved, you've done that. If you are having an actual issue, please start a new thread and we'll be happy to try to assist. Be sure to give details about your versions and issues.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines