• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App and Cleaner don't recognise installed version of Photoshop

Participant ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got myself going round in circles. Hope someone can help point me in the right direction!

I have a Creative Cloud subscription. On my iMac I have multiple Adobe apps, including the Creative Cloud app.

Included in my apps is an older version of Photoshop that I would like to remove. Problem is, the Creative Cloud app doesn't show it and, when I run Creative Cloud Cleaner, it doesn't see it either. In the Photoshop folder, there is the usual Uninstall Photoshop tool, but clicking on it does nothing.

Not sure how I ended up with this and I have even less idea how to get out of it.

Any ideas??

Cheers...Chloe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the current version of Photoshop running successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Derek,

I did but, following advice in other threads, I starting uninstalling the two versions on my device. I had been experiencing all sorts of delay with loading PS (stuck on extension loading, Halide Bottlenecks etc) and one suggestion was that it was because the two versions were somehow conflicting.

I've just reloaded the current version and it seems to be performing a little better although it's still slow to load. Either way, I'd love to know how to get rid of the older version.I assume that Lumigraphics is kidding when the says to just to drag it to the bin. Right?

Thanks so much much for helping out Derek. I really appreciate it.

Chloe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a Mac. Drag it to the Trash. There is no Step 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that drage a mac to the trash....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go into the Application folder for that version, there should be an Uninstall shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in the post, there is an Uninstall shortcut, but it does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines