Creative Cloud Desktop keeps popping up, asking for Photoshop preferences

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop keeps popping up, asking for Photoshop preferences 2-4 times a day:
"Before we uninstall this app, please tell us if you'd like to keep or remove notifications, alerts, interface settings, and other preferences. removing preferences may prevent them from being migrated to newer versions of the app." --> Options: "Cancel/Remove/Kepp"
I have tried all three options, and multiple reboots, the result seems the same: Creative Cloud Desktop keeps popping up!!
Context:
Windows 10 Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Adobe Auto-Update installed Photoshop 2021 near Photoshop 2020, but Photoshop 2020 was still used as default application...!?
So I have uninstalled Photoshop 2020 manually via MS-Add/Remove Programs --> "Creative Cloud Desktop".
This was the beginning of this "endless loop" problem...
So, next day, I also have uninstalled Photoshop 2021; Apparently no more Photoshop installed, but the problem persists, even after rebooting, ...!!??
Lightroom Classic is still installed (And I want to keep my preferences, plugins, etc...)

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Bug, Download and install, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud Desktop keeps popping up, asking for Photoshop preferences

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop keeps popping up, asking for Photoshop preferences 2-4 times a day:
"Before we uninstall this app, please tell us if you'd like to keep or remove notifications, alerts, interface settings, and other preferences. removing preferences may prevent them from being migrated to newer versions of the app." --> Options: "Cancel/Remove/Kepp"
I have tried all three options, and multiple reboots, the result seems the same: Creative Cloud Desktop keeps popping up!!
Context:
Windows 10 Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Adobe Auto-Update installed Photoshop 2021 near Photoshop 2020, but Photoshop 2020 was still used as default application...!?
So I have uninstalled Photoshop 2020 manually via MS-Add/Remove Programs --> "Creative Cloud Desktop".
This was the beginning of this "endless loop" problem...
So, next day, I also have uninstalled Photoshop 2021; Apparently no more Photoshop installed, but the problem persists, even after rebooting, ...!!??
Lightroom Classic is still installed (And I want to keep my preferences, plugins, etc...)

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Bug, Download and install, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 07, 2020 0

Have something to add?