• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud messes up Windows 10 pro

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Windows 10 Pro OS, Creative Cloud would corrupt itself and insist on being reinstalled, about once a week.  Also the latest Photoshop (pink flamingos) did not work with the Bridge version installed.   Last week not only did  CC do that again but it slowed my OS down to a crawl.  Literally,  10 minutes to boot up, 10 to open any program at all, including browsers (Edge, Chrome, and Firefox).  After a week of off-and-on Adobe support (constantly interrupted because browser would lock) we finally got it all to work.  We used CC uninstaller 3-4 times to clear out all of CC.  Then the Adobe agent uninstalled all my Adobe apps using a tool from Adobe, not the Windows uninstaller which would not work on them last week), and performed a clean install of CC, Ps (mermaid), and Bridge version that works with it.  Conclusion: I open Adobe apps directly from my computer.  I do NOT open or use Creative Cloud.  I ONLY use the mermaid Photoshop, NOT the pink flamingoes.

My support agent said my problem was unusual.  nevertheless it might  be useful for Adobe engineers to figure out how CC and the flamingo Photoshop conflict with Windows 10.  I wonder if anyone here has had the same problem?

Jeanne Tifft
JLD Tifft Images
1-703-960-3873

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Thank you to those who took the trouble to answer my question.  I have the same Windows 10 Pro version as JJMack.  After two days of work with an Adobe tech support agent, all my adobe products were uninstalled using some Adobe tool, not the Windows uninstaller, and then a clean fresh install of my adobe products, including Ps v. 21, NOT 22, and the corresponding version of Bridge, plus my Lr Classic.   Seems I had to have Creative Cloud, but with the programs installed on my PC I don't have to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system network configuration is quite likely somehow screwed. You would have to reset it with netsh in a command line prompt and let Windows reconfigure it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such issues here with current versions and Windows 10 Pro. It sounds like something specific to your system.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have problems with my Photoshop under Windows10. Maybe there is something within your computer system 😶

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the others, assuming you have at least 16GB of RAM and plenty of spare disk capacity and you've tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, I suggest you use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall and reinstall the applications. If you still have issues after that, get your computer checked out, particularly the graphics card.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not dealing with Adobe posting here this is a user forum. Also your problem is unusual I'm using a fully updated Windows 10 Pro OS and have many version of Photoshop and I will confirm  Photoshop 2021 version 22 has many issues  you should use an older Photoshop version.  I can state that no version of Photoshop has  messed up my Windows 10.  I have only had to reinstall Photoshop  Photoshop version 13 because the Creative Cloud Update broke the Perpetuals version 13 install.

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you to those who took the trouble to answer my question.  I have the same Windows 10 Pro version as JJMack.  After two days of work with an Adobe tech support agent, all my adobe products were uninstalled using some Adobe tool, not the Windows uninstaller, and then a clean fresh install of my adobe products, including Ps v. 21, NOT 22, and the corresponding version of Bridge, plus my Lr Classic.   Seems I had to have Creative Cloud, but with the programs installed on my PC I don't have to touch it and don't plan to.  All works fine now, but I still think that CC and Ps22 somehow made the original mess.  

Jeanne Tifft
JLD Tifft Images
1-703-960-3873

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines