• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud: no update to photoshop 14.1 with Generator

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarted and launched photoshop, checked for updates through CC App and Photoshop CC, but says it does not have an update.

Would like to try and solve as I would like to get usingthe generator part in the update.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Try updating CC App from following link:

http://www.adobe.com/appsmanager/index.html

Once done check for updates, If this still does not solve the problem, then please let us know.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 138 Replies 138
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help too.

I'm running CC education, but not education enterprise. Though I do have CS6 education enterprise installed since I teach Photoshop CS6 still. Our lab is not updated to CC yet.

Could the non-updating CS6 be conflicting with CC? I recall reading somewhere that CC and CS6 could both live on the same machine without problem, maybe I got it wrong though.

Your help is appreciated.

Brent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kalihari,

This should not be an issue. Please check your private messages, I have provided the details of files to be removed which suppress updates.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. Running on a mac in an enterprise environment.

Any help would be appreciated,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MikeFranke

Please check your private messages, I have provided the details of files to be removed which suppress updates.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing similar or the same issues. What are the files to be removed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@baderkamal,

Please check your private messages, I have provided the details of files to be removed which suppress updates.

these files would be present if you are in enterprise env.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an Education Enterprise environment and would like this information.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PTL421,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ash, thanks for helping.  If a number of people are having the same problem, maybe it makes sense to just post the solution publicly on this thread instead of only via direct messaging?  There are probably more folks reading that could be helped without going through the process...

In any event, anyone who needs to download the Photoshop 14.1.2 'Generator' updates can find the direct links here to apply for Windows and Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ProDesignTools

I understand your concern, The files which are being shared to be removed are put by Enterprise Admin to suppress updates.

This is done so that they can rollout Update package by themselves.

We are sharing this info to affected users ASAP and trying to make the Admins aware for the same, As these files are important to Enterprise env , hence for privacy concerns we avoid it.

If used by Non Enterprise users this may result in unnecessarily blocking of their updates.

Do let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The removal of files worked fine.

My process/reasoning is possibly a bit different because I am also using a copy of CS6 for classroom instruction. I just used the non-updating installer (set it up to not look for updates for the lab computers) on my machine, and it did keep CC from being able to update as well. Once I deleted the file as instructed, and restarted my computer, It updated fine.

I had already updated the CC manager and deleted PS and reinstalled it (the cc version) and nothing worked, It was the non-updating files that did it.

Brent (a.k.a. Kalihari)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using enterprise, with the same no-updates problem.  Please let me know what to delete/try.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adam,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

i have same problem here, please help.

thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Onth17

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ashutosh.Nigam

I need the list of files as well. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PatrickGreen23,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem Ashutosh.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@clubbeer,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files should be removed??? I'm not getting updates too.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you an enterprise customer, Please check with your Admin if he has  disabled/suppressed updates from Adobe and hosting in on a local server

Please refer:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Make sure your updates are not disabled by admin, If so remove the files which suppress updates as mentioned in the link.

In future your Admin needs to make sure that either he rolls out the update package or they are not suppressed.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2015 Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get updates for the apps on my D:\ drive. I installed Photoshop on the C:\drive because I was too late when changing the folder were the apps should be. So PhotoShop is now version 2014.2.2. But the other apps I use, InDesign and Illustrator are on my D:\drive still 2014.0.

I tried the direct downloads from All Adobe CC 2014 Updates: The Direct Download Links for Windows | ProDesignTools but then I get the message that this update is not correct for me.

How do I get the updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you please answer these questions:

1. What country are you in and what language do you use?

2. Which CC license type and subscription plan do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I'am in the Netherlands and I use Dutch as language

2. I have a Student and Teacher Edition (one year), started my subscribtion 22 december 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try getting and installing the updates via Adobe's Creative Cloud Desktop App?

In theory, which drive the apps are installed on shouldn't make a difference as long as it's a local disk, but if you think it might be an issue, then did you try uninstalling and reinstalling them elsewhere?

If you're still stuck with that "not applicable" message then see the other suggestions we offer here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines