Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Suite CS 5 - MacOs Mojave - Cannot Install

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I used the Creative Suite CS5 on my MacOs Mojave and somehow they stopped working. They just shut off right after I opened the programs. I had not updated the operating system for a while as I was afraid it might stop my programs from working. Then they stopped anyhow. So I thought I might update the operating system, in hope they would work again. Turned out they don't work at all under the latest MacOs Catalina. Adobe Customer Service confirmed that and adviced to go back to MacOs Mojave, which I did then. However, now I cannot even install the programs anymore. There is always the same error telling me that the install file is located on the image "Photoshop_12_1_LS1.dmg" and I should eject the image. I select "eject the image" and then nothing happens.. I try to install again..same error. Is there anyone that can help me? I used the entire Creative Suite cs 5 on Mac for many years, last now under Mojave and now suddenly nothing works anymore and I cannot even install the programs...

Thank you for any help.

Karina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can try these steps from MacWorld. Let us know if they work or not.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/open-apps-mojave-photoshop-3684425/

Your other option is to upgrade to the Creative Cloud version. Here are the current plans:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

The Photography plan (Annual, $9.99 per month) is a good deal if all you want is Photoshop and Lightroom.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

thanks for your help. I tried the steps from MacWorld, but I cannot select Photoshop as shown in the security options, as I cannot even install the program. I tried to select the Photoshop install file though, but still without success. It doesn't work and keeps sending me the same error:  ""Install" cannot be opened. The install file is located on the image "Photoshop_12_1_LS1.dmg". Safari has downloaded this image today at 6:54pm." When I select "eject the image" nothing happens.. I try to install again..same error. I don't understand what this so called image is refering to? Do you know anything about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The operation guarantee of CS5.x is up to OS X 10.8.
In macOS 10.15, 32-bit programs do not work, and until CC 2018, 32-bit programs were used for authentication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This procedure is for Sierra, but you should be able to install in the same way on Mojave.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Try it.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you help. I tried it out, however still the same error occurs. It says: ""Install" cannot be opened. The install file is located on the image "Photoshop_12_1_LS1.dmg". Safari has downloaded this image today at 6:54pm." When I select "eject the image" nothing happens.. I try to install again..same error. I don't understand what this so called image is refering to? Does anybody know what that means?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karina!
Are you trying to install it from a DVD or from a file on your HD?
Do you have an installed copy on any other HD? Then simple copy it and try it out.
Regards
Horst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines