• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crisp PNG file has gradient when imported into photoshop.

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create files on my iPad in adobe fresco that are crisp and clean. I save them as PNG files to edit on my computer. When i import them into adobe photoshop CC 2019 they lines are no longer crisp and have a gradient to them. When zoomed in they are somewhat blurry. 

Here is the original drawing. 

BD821E9A-40A0-42C9-943F-36BEF522C97D.jpeg

Here is the drawing super zoomed in. The lines are crisp. 

157EDB3B-9595-4050-851D-C87AF088F269.jpeg

Here is the image after it is imported into photoshop. 

D29ADA17-18C8-4104-B268-34383ADE6CE0.jpeg

Is there a way to A) import them into photoshop without them blurring. 

Or B) a way to make the images crisp again. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I've tried using libraries to turn the image into a vector with each layer but "Create from image" isn't available under libraries. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.00.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "import". Are you...

• Opening
  • Dragging and Dropping
  • Placing Smart Object
  • etc...

Can you give more details on the files you are getting out of Fresco. Could they be very small in terms of pixels?

What's your goal here in terms of image manipulation? Would Illustrator perhaps be the better program here? It does have a trace feature that would give you crisp, vector artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export the file from fresco at a PNG on my ipad.  Roughly 2700x2000 px. (is that too small?)

I air drop it to my mac book and then open it in photoshop. 

My goal is to creat a layered SVG file that can be imported into Cricut Design Space. They need to be crisp so the application can pull apart the colors and seperate them into layers. Similar to illustrator. 

I've tried illustartor using image trace > low fidelity photo but it only worked on the image as a whole. While it did smooth the image, I didn't get the desired result upon importing into Crucut Design Space. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My goal is to creat a layered SVG file that can be imported into Cricut Design Space."

Are you hoping to automatically convert pixel based image to SVG (actually vector paths/vector object) using Photoshop? Wrong program! I do not know if any program can do that automatically, Illustrator has some options which may work for you.

Regarding this part, blurry image: "Here is the image after it is imported into photoshop. "

Can you confirm that image opened in Photoshop is 2700x2700px? Use status bar or Image > Image Size, or Window > Properties with no layer selected to confirm. If your image is 2700x2700px, please press Ctrl/Cmd + 1 to view it in 100% then capture screenshot of entire Ps window with Layers panel visible and post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that your Fresco document is set to render at 72 ppi. Crank it up to 300 ppi and your problem should disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines