Highlighted

Crop and extract images

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i really hope someone can help me.  I would like to find a way to automate crop and extract images on a page and save them as single jpegs to a file.  I have tried to use crop and straighten photos which is basically the exact function i need but it is not working with the files that i have.  any advice you could give me on this would be highly appreciated.  Pic below of wanting to extract these to be 9 filesALBERT PARK CLEANING_Page_02.jpg

Topics

Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Crop and extract images

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i really hope someone can help me.  I would like to find a way to automate crop and extract images on a page and save them as single jpegs to a file.  I have tried to use crop and straighten photos which is basically the exact function i need but it is not working with the files that i have.  any advice you could give me on this would be highly appreciated.  Pic below of wanting to extract these to be 9 filesALBERT PARK CLEANING_Page_02.jpg

Topics

Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»but it is not working with the files that i have.«

And how so? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose loading the image as a selection, inverting the selection, expanding the selection, Layer > Layer Via Copy should provide for a Layer that can be split into several Layers with a Script amd then File > Export > Layers to Files would be an alternative (that could be recorded in an Action). 

As for splitting a Layer with discontinuous content into separate Layers there have been threads with Scripting solutions but I can’t find them curently .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your help. i will look further into this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines