• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop to content

Participant ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have created an image within the default layer size, however, the image is smaller than the layer.

Is there a quick way to crop the layer (or all layers) to the overall size of the image?

When I export as .png there is a lot of dead space around the image.  I can easily crop this using Preview (in Mac) but am I aadding in an extra step here?  

Looked for a menu option, but can't see anything ovious.  A search online seems to find various ways of doing this, converting layers etc to smartobjects and then a few extra steps, but that seems like a long way round for a simple task.

In Gimp, there is an option 'crop to content'.  I'm assuming Photoshop has this option, called something else?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge ther is not such a function in Phototshop. But if the background is transparent, you ca go to Image>Crop>Transparent pixels… 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depend on what is surrounding actual image you can use Image > Trim > either Transparent Pixels or Top Left/Bottom Right Pixel Color. 

Pixel color means top left single pixel or bottom right single pixel color will be sampled before remove same color around image. As you probably know, resulting image will be always either square or rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines