• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crop tool causes Photoshop cc to freeze

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a weird problem and would welcome any advice. I use Photoshop cc. I tried to access the preferences but I got a meagre saying not possible due to a program error.  I reinstalled Photoshop deleting preferences and reinstalled. I still cannot access preferences but now if I use the crop toll Photoshop freezes. To close it I have to invoke the task handler (I have Windows 10).

Ken Lindup

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saturday 27 March, my wife tried to import from the scanner, then crop in Photoshop. Windows 10, fully updated software on Dell XPS laptop, seperate graphics card, 16gb of ram, plenty of free space. So on Sunday, I tried. The use of the crop tool locks up the program. Any advice please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I had updated to version 22.3. When I uninstalled this version and reverted to version 22.0 the problem went away. I was also able to access the Preferences.
Ken Lindup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are ways around this, crop in preview window of scanner import. Crop in Bridge, import into. LR. But my wife was used to doing it a certain way in PS. Open PS. Import from scanner. The imported page would be there on the main screen, now she has to find it in a folder and open and select. She uses PS for all sorts, but this is for a newsletter she sends out to a group. Why has it changed when it was a simple process, to one that is more complex and does not work, freezing the program? We used PS C6 on our desktop, Windows 7, but lost the security as no longer supported by MS. So we bought a new laptop. Decent specs for the future. Subscribed to Adobe monthly for PS and LR. Appreciate the changes for Sky and auto resolution increase, recently, but this anomoly with the crop tool really caused uproar in the home this weekend. I. Do hope that it can be simply resolved. The laptop has updated Adobe Creative Cloud, Windows 10 and Dell updates. Conflict?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines