• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop tool freezes Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For two days in a row, I have attempted to use the cropping tool and it freezes. I have to restart my computer in order to close Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS? 

Does the actual OS crash or why do you restart the computer instead of just force-quitting Photoshop? 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 
Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted the same problem! I'm uninstalling 22.3 version to see if that solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just unintalled 22.3 back to 22.2, crop works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled 22.3 back to 22.2 and I am not experiencing any more problems. I appreciate your resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i get 22.2 to install.  If I click install I seemto get the latest version, which is what causes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this idea,  I've done rhe same & "presto" all working fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, running Windows 10 on a 64 bit machine. Have to use the Task Manager to close Photoshop. I've uninstalled the 22.3 update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, however, I have a work around.

1. It only locks up on me (so far) when the crop tool is the first thing I use after opening Photoshop. If I use the lasso tool first, then I can use the crop tool without any issues. I also don't have the issue with any other files I open in that Photoshop session once the crop tool works on the first image.
  2. When it locks up: right click the taskbar and open tTask Manger. Select Photoshop and click End Task. It will save rebooting your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you sharing your work around. However, I think there is a bug in update 22.3 that should be fixed so that a work around is not required. I uninstalled 22.3 back to 22.2 and I am not experiencing any more problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should post a Report over on 

Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will post a report. I appreciate the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right, I'll try this.  I've uninstalled and re-installed - no change, still freezes.

When I imprt an image it already has the crop outlines showing i.e. the programme seems to have decided that I want to crop the image before I do anything else.

Real pain, but I can get round it by carrying out any editing tasks except for cropping and then save, and then open in Lightroom which crops without problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines