• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop Tool Overlays Will Not Cycle Position

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop v. 21.0.1 - Windows 10 - The Overlays for Crop Tool will not cycle position when using Shift+O.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The shortcut is the letter "o" without Shift.

~ Jane

10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Moving through the different overlays works fine with "O".

Shift + O is supposed to cycle through the various positions of a given overlay (such as Golden Spiral) - Shift + O is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can confirm that it does not work for me either in PS 2020 either with the shortcut or with the menu. It works in PS CC 2019. I'm on a Mac.

Jane

cycle.png

EDIT: I posted a bug report. You can comment here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/overlays-for-crop-tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to move the crop tool (move a corner or something) to activate the ability to cycle through the overlays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the issue. Cycling through overlays works, cycling through positions of a given overlay (shift + o) does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm, it worked for me on Win, with 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate the issue here. The orientation of the overlay (e.g. the spiral) should change with Shift+o . In V21.0.1 it does not.

I've raised a bug report and you may wish to add your own comments

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/crop-tool-overlay-rotation-issue?rfm=1&topic_...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I'm guessing you didn't see the link to my bug report earlier in the thread? 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested again, Chuck, and Cycle Orientation works for me in PS CC 2019 but not PS 2020. Maybe more folk can test and chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I missed that Jane - nested replies , I hate them !!  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, Dave — I hate them, too! 😊 I wonder if we can merge messages there like we can here.

Chuck, I wonder why it's working for you?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've put a note on my post, in feedback, asking for a mod to merge the threads

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, I'm having the same problem. Weird thing is, the orientation cycles (Shift + O) worked for me a few days ago. This just started happening today. (Clicking O does, indeed, cycle the overlay tools, but Shift O will not cycle the orientation.) I'm using a new MacBook Pro with the LR/PS cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

This issue has been reported to Adobe. You can vote and add your comments here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/golden-spiral-overlay-rotation-is-not-working...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines