• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropping Image in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the crop tool to crop my image it automatically selects my artboard to crop instead of the image. When I google it, it shows pictures of doing exactly what I'm doing but the image is selected to crop instead of the artboard. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible of your document and the tutorial you are referring to? 

Is a Selection active? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. So I had the image selected and clicked the crop tool and it automatically jumped to the artboard.  I hope this pic helps..let me know if you need any more info 🙂

2020-06-30 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I see one S.O. and one Background layer, but I don't see any artboards. When you choose Crop, it is for the entire document (canvas). If you want to scale just the Smart Object, use Edit > Free Transform (Ctrl+T).

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can discern no Artboard in the Layers Panel, so what are you talking about? The Canvas? 

Unless you loaded the Smart Object’s transparency as a Selection the Crop Tool would not be expected to fit it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize.. whether it be the background or artboard, I am just trying to crop the image of the shirt.  Is that possible?  I know how to scale the image but what if I just want to crop the shirt image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried loading the transparency as a Selction before selecting the Crop Tool? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines